Unoffended

I look around me and I see. My physical eyes see...humanity, in all it's splendor and majesty... and in all it's sin and ugliness. But these days I am starting see with my spiritual eyes...just a little...still through a glass darkly...but more than ever before. One of the things that I am noticing are people offended...offended with God, offended with the church, offended with people...like me and you. Offended with our powerlessness and I understand why...they have needs...we have The Answer, but it's not impacting their lives. I declare today, that for me personally, this is no longer acceptable. It is not ok that I can't say with power "Silver and gold, I don't have, BUT what I do have I give to you with great, exceeding joy...GET UP!" It's not ok with me to watch people struggle for years on end with the shame of addiction. It's not ok that children starve, while I grow fatter...this is NOT ok with me anymore. It's not ok that cancer is a GIANT in our land, exalting itself above the knowledge of God. It's not ok knowing that others will watch their wives, or husbands, or children, or moms & dads stricken while I sit by powerless. It's not ok that I had to watch Denise die...

Now I want you to hear my heart here; what I am talking about is the spiritual aspects of this. I believe that God, in His grace, has revealed one the keys to moving in His power...it is being unoffended. I say with great delight that I'm not offended with my Jesus...I understand that His plan is far better than my plan. I accept that He is Sovereign and I, by His grace, stand before Him unoffended. I can praise Him with all of my being...for everything...yes, even losing my wife. He is kind and He is good. I tell you today that the shaking spoken of throughout Scripture has begun...He will SHAKE everything that can be shaken. I call you to throw yourself at His feet and ask Him to reveal to you any area of your life where you are offended with Him. I want to walk before Him in holiness in the days to come...unoffended. If offense with my brother can hinder my offerings to Him, how much more can offense with Him? I think the remedy is the same...we deal with the offense. I don't know what it may be in your life...I know I have friends who are offended on my behalf...some are offended with God for taking Denise...others are offended at the people in my life who prophesied that Denise wouldn't die...some have taken serious offense over these issues. I implore you: Please don't be offended on my behalf...I am unoffended. I implore you...do something about it. I challenge you to make a difference next time...don't let it be acceptable do be a Christian without the power of the Holy Spirit. In spite of my experience, I declare more than ever..."I will lay hands on the sick and they will recover." I'm looking over my shoulder, expectantly waiting to see the signs and wonders following me...it is our destiny...our heritage...for today...for NOW...for the unoffended!!

On a side note, I just wanted to thank all of you who are submitting comments. They encourage me beyond belief, so please continue...I even had the super-cool privelege of meeting a young lady tonight from Indiana who has been reading the blog. How cool is that? Her name is Mandy from Indiana & she's in KC for the "Transformation Summitt". She over-heard me sharing my testimony and introduced herself...the way that God is using this thing is starting to blow me away...Thank You Lord...You are amazing, Jesus. I love you Lord!!!

5 comments:

silent wings said...

Powerful thoughts. Thanks for sharing and exhorting us Greg!

Mandy said...

So much wisdom in your thoughts about offense. It is a trap that I find myself falling into, but by God's grace he continues to deliver me!
Bless You!

silent wings said...

I hope this isn't inappropriate to place here but you're the only one I know to contact who is pesently "in" the prayer room daily. Wondering if there is any way to get a recording of tonights (Oct 29)heartbeat. Or the lyrics to "It's all about love/Show me how to love" and "Come fan the flame" by Misty Edwards ....all of it really....?

silent wings said...

Thanks. I appreciate the effort. If they come with chord charts even better;) I don't know any of the titles to the songs but I tried scribbling down parts of "I am in love with God and God's in love with me"....the rest I was too lost in to retain. :) I hope some day I will have a chance to be IN the prayer room myself. May the Lord continue to wreck and heal you while you are there. You are so loved by Him! If you want you can e-mail whatever you get to me direct at marclecour@hotmail.com

Vicki said...

I've just found your blog via Gratitude & Hoopla...your writing humbles me and brings tears to my eyes, but also a resolve builds in me to surrender all to Him.

I will keep reading...so sorry for the loss of your precious wife. God bless you, my brother in Christ. He is using you more than you know.