The Flower


Today, just now, I watched a flower die. It's grasp to it's stem, it's root system, was already weakened because of the season...of dying. A slight breeze came, just a little gust, and the flower could cling to life no longer. Disconnected, the dazzling purple petals fluttered silently and sadly to the concrete. It's destiny is now sealed. It will be ignored; unnoticed & unseen, it will probably be stepped on by some passerby, and that will be that, all because it is disconnected from its roots. Here's the amazing thing; the plant doesn't die, just it's beauty. It will rebloom...in it's season. It will again shine its color and scream to its Creator: "You made me bloom again! See my beautiful pink and purple blooms, Lord? You did that! You created me to be beautiful for yourself! I was doubting it when the icy winds of winter tore at my tender branches, but you did it Lord. You brought me through that season of temporary barreness & now here I am again! It's Spring again Lord and here I am, blooming for your pleasure."

Isn't that an incredible picture of me...of us? Winter comes to our lives, bringing the cruel, cold winds of darkness...and barreness...and death. Our beauty fades, blown by the winds. We fall onto the concrete of life; ignored, unnoticed, and unwanted, we will probably be stepped on. But...He notices. He sees the sparrow fall, the flowers fall, and...me fall. But I declare with complete confidence: Spring is coming!!!! I will bloom again! I will show forth my petals of beauty & scream with all my being: "Here I am Lord...blooming in beauty for You!"

"...Because You speak in ways that I can't explain
You call us by names that we cannot repeat
You craft the cold to counter that which we desire
But which You know will burn us with its heat..."
Don Chaffer ("Gloom Higherway")

1 comments:

WorshipGladly said...

What a beautiful, incredible picture you painted with this post. It brought tears to my eyes. Thanks once again for sharing your journey through this blog - they (and you, brother!) are truly a blessing.