The Day of Atonement

Yesterday was Yom Kippur or the Day of Atonement. This is the mostly holy day to the Jewish people. In the Old Testament, this way a serious day of fasting, seeking atonement for sin & God's blessing for the NewYear. I decided to spend an extended time in the prayer during this solemn occasion...18+ hours straight. I planned on spending 24 hours, but the Lord had other plans...more about that in a few days.

My time in the prayer room was a battle...powerful stuff, but it didn't come easy. Distractions, hunger, etc. The Lord seemed to do such a deep work that I don't even know exactly what it was. I do know that I was touched in the deep places of my heart, greatly increasing my capacity for Him.

I know this is a brief update, but there is too much going on...it's 7:30am & I'm in the prayer room for intercession which has turned into warfare...

More later today or tonight.

0 comments: