Sunny Saturday



It's a beautiful Saturday in Kansas City. I didn't post yesterday, so I'm trying to catch up. Some new friends of mine, the Meyer family from KY, came through in their "RV" for a couple nights. These guys are radical. They have 7 kids (6 with them...1 just got married) and they travel in this radical blue Jesus bus. It has Scripture painted on it & is quite controversial to some folks. They are on their way to live in a small, Tex-Mex border town...no store there, only a bunch of Spanish-speaking people & a Catholic church...oh yeah, no other "gringos" for miles. They are going to live there for a while & share Jesus with this impoverished community. We had a great visit...this was the first time I met their children...Katherine (21), JT, David, Joseph, Sarah, and Benjamin(13). These were some of the most respectful, Jesus loving kids. Their parents (Tom & Betty) are to be commended for raising their children in the knowledge & power of Jesus. I met Tom & Betty just a few weeks after Nece died, at some mutual friends in NC. I was still really struggling with being almost suicidal, and really didn't want to meet any new people, but God said to go meet them, so I did. Tom is one the most bold, plain-spoken men I've ever met, with a real "fathering" anointing. I hadn't been there very long, when he spoke to me of what the Lord was doing in me...said he had never seen or felt such a presence of the peace of the Lord as was on me...I'm sorta like "whatever" in my heart...then he began to prophecy of the great plans of the Lord for me....not really what I wanted to hear then...then he rebuked me. He didn't even realize it (which he confirmed this week), but he told me that I should be thanking the Lord for the time I had with Nece, rather than focusing on the loss. When he said it, all the weight of suicidal junk lifted off me. When we left, I repented & told the Lord that Tom was right, and I began & continue to praise the Lord for our marriage & our time together. The Lord used Tom greatly in my life & for that I am thankful. These are a couple of photos of the Meyer family .

The 10pm worship last night was the sobering service I've ever been in, as Misty sang spontaneously of the judgement of the Lord & Mike Bickle challenged us all with the idea's we hold about ministry...Vanity...Delusion...We must be rooted & grounded in love for the days that are rapidly coming on our nation. The Lord convicted me of the vanity & delusion in my own life.
"Lord, I repent of my visions of ministry grandeur. Jesus you were hated & despised & Lord I want the grace to walk in humility as the world hates us for your name's sake. Lord, burn me with the passion of your heart...Lord, as Misty sang, I cry out "I don't wanna be offended when it all comes down". Lord, you alone are King of the Ages, and I crown you king of my heart afresh today. Take away everthing that would keep me from walking in the fullness of your love & power."

I'll conclude for today with a line from another Misty Edwards song; it describes all that God is doing in my heart:
"God is a lover, looking for a lover, so He fashions me
"God is a lover, looking for a lover, so He forms my heart".

1 comments:

Ileana said...

So sorry to hear about your wife (from your sidebar). I pray that you find loads of fellowship and healing in Christ. Writing helps some, doesn't it? Coffee, too!. :) I'm glad you're meeting some good people out there. Enjoy your travels.