The Dance (from IHOP-KC)

In the prayer room at IHOP-KC, His presence is so strong. He met me again tonight, comforting me and calling me deeper. He touched my heart deeply, as a small girl, perhaps 8 yrs young, and a African-American man danced before His throne in worship. They weren't dancing together, but both were dancing with Him. The man worshipped with abandonment and more grace than a professional dancer. If I had to guess, He has been trained as a dancer. Watching men dance like that almost always makes me cry. I want to dance that way, without clumsiness or self-consciousness. It's strange: I can worship madly, with almost complete abandonment, except in dance. I admired the complexity & beauty of his movements, imaging how beautiful they must to God. Then she came to the front, this small, young maiden. She had no agenda other to worship Him. No attention seeking, no looking to see if anyone was watching her. She moved as freely as the wind & flowed with the music like water. I don't mean she jerked around the way that most children do when they dance; no, she worshipped Him in dance, expressing more adoration for Him than most adults that I know, including me. She would spin, lifting her hands in sacrifice to her Creator, and then bow in reverence, and then again into another series of movements designed to bring Him glory. It became even more powerful & poignant when Misty Edwards began to sing of Jesus singing over us:
"I played the flute for you, did you dance? I sang the wedding song for you, were you romanced? I played the funeral dirge, did you lament? I told you my judgments were coming, did you repent? For even children know when to dance And even children know when to lament.." - Misty Edwards

Yes, children know when to dance, as was made evident tonight. As she danced, I wept.
I wept with joy, knowing that some are raising their children to be pure, lovesick, worshippers.
I wept with sorrow at the memory of Nece dancing & waving to me as I sang & worshipped.
I wept with longing for a daughter of my own, a dancing maiden to bring a smile to Abba.
I wept with hope...knowing one day I will dance....and dance....and dance.....and dance.......
......................and weep no more!

2 comments:

WorshipGladly said...

Your blog today made my heart smile! You're right - one day we will all dance before our Maker, the Lover of our Souls, our Husband - dance without reservation, without self-consciousness. No longer confined by clumsy and awkward feet. No longer bound by the laws of gravity and the limits of our human flesh. But you know that God delights in your worship regardless of whether your feet are graceful and light before Him or not. He loves you! He loves your clumsy attempts at dance, too, 'cause you know He sees your heart! I hope your day today is a blessed one, brother, as you worship the Lord, dancing in your heart before Him! :)

worshipmadly said...

Just wanted to say Thanks to Laura & Kinsey32 for their comments. They mean a lot to me. Please continue to post as you feel led...it makes me smile.
Greg