The Trip & Arriving

Well...I made it. I'm in KC, at the Higher Grounds Coffeehouse, wishing I had time for 1 more latte before they close. Yeah, that just what I need and make it a double. I arrived around 3:00pm and was soon assaulted by one of the greatest enemies of worship.....flippin' road construction. It took me more than an hour to go the final 3 miles of my journey. Yes, this was a plot of the enemy...or maybe just MDOT, but it was futile. I turned my music louder (so no one could hear my thoughts), and thanked the Lord for getting me here safely. Not a bad trip at all.

OK, I'm convinced that some of you are wondering..."Exactly what did Greg listen to on his road trip?" so here is a partial playlist: Left MS listening to the new Derek Webb ("I See Things Upside Down"). That got me almost all the way through AR. Followed it with an assortment including Shawn McDonald, Evan Earwicker, Don Chaffer, and Jason Morant. Then I changed gears and listened to a couple teaching CDs by Mike Bickle (The Power of a Focused Life). Great stuff...then I hit the traffiv jam. Put on "Eternity" by Misty Edwards, and finished the trip with "The Merchant Band". So there you have it...

I got checked into my apartment, unpacked, and sorta "nested" (a few decorations, pictures, Davidic Harp, etc.) I guess I learned the nesting thing from Nece...she could make a home for us anywhere. Yep, I miss her right now. She would have loved this place, but not nearly as much as the place she is in. I think the worship here is intense & lovely...and then I remember where she is & try to imagine...but I can't....my mind goes numb at the mere attempt to imagine. I wait with jealousy....hoping I sleep better tonight than last...terrible dreams of Nece being alive & living across town, but refusing to to talk to me...I woke up crying....but tonight it's better...no tears, just smiles and quiet joy. Gotta run....going to the prayer room. Will I even make it back to my apartment???? Tune in tomorrow.

0 comments: