OneThing Leadership Summit

This won't be my typical, rambling-through-my-heart-mind-and-soul post. (OK, that sounds pretty rambling :0) God is soooo kind! On Thursday afternoon I was invited to participate in a 3 day OneThing Leadership Summit here at IHOP-KC. This was really out-of-the-blue. (Have you noticed that I really seem to like using the "-" thing tonight?) The invitation was from the head guy, who also took care of my registration fee, which I wouldn't have been able to afford. This was a really a powerful time. There were around 150 of us, and we were challenged to go more passionately after the heart of God, in order to lead others there. One of the teachers stated "You can only lead someone as far as you have gone." I stand convicted. After spending years in ministry of one type or another and studying the Word (less-than-diligently...there goes the "-" thing again) I have come to realize that I do not KNOW the Word at the depth that I MUST for the coming days. So many people have prophesied over the past few months about how God has plans for me...they speak of these huge plans, and honestly, I am willing to do that, but I've been sobered into a place of having no desire for huge, grandiose, superstar ministry stuff. I want God...His heart beating inside of me; His passion burning through me. The rest of it is vanity & delusion. I say all that because if any ounce of truth is in their words, I've realized I am not equipped at the level that I need to be. I do not KNOW the Word like I must. I am even considering applying for the Bible School here...time will tell.

The other super cool part of this Summit was the divine connections I made. I met & spent time with folks from Fairbanks, AK, Portland, OR, Indiana, New York City, and Rochester, NY. There seemed to be a unique, strong connection with the group of 6 from Rochester. It seems like we have known each other for a long time, so it will be neat to see what God has in all of that. I certainly feel that I will visit New York in the next few months...Yippeeee God!!!!! I LOVE SNOW!!!!!! I've included a photo of the Rochester group.
They flew back this evening, so Lord I ask that as they return to their "normal" lives that NOTHING would be normal...Lord visit them & consume them with a passion for you that the deepest places of their hearts is groaning for. Thank you Lord Jesus....

2 comments:

t4jes said...

Hi,
Somehow I managed to run across your blog randomly (or probably not so randomly) as I was searching the web. I was also there this past weekend at the Leader's Summit. I didn't meet you (actually, I didn't get the chance to meet too many people), but better late than never.
I personally was impacted in many of the same ways you were, and am personally still seeking out how to go back to my "normal" life, knowing now that nothing is normal.
God bless you richly, and I pray that He will make His face known to you deeply.

Alaska1 said...

Greg,

How is it going? I also just ran across you blog. The One Thing Summit was a truly special time for my wife an I (the couple from Fairbanks). I am believing with you that God will be doing some awesome things over the next several months. How is life going with you? We are still praying for you. Please be praying for us too. We are seriously considering moving to KC to persue the Apostolic Preaching school. God Bless you and I cant wait to see you again....THanks again for the use of your trunk HAHA. Hey ceck out my new blog as of tonight.. burning4eternity.. Oh and if you dont have it yet, get Misty Edwards new CD. Much of what she was playing while we were there is on it.
Blessings, Peace and Joy to you!