Fierce Love

Today is my anniversary...our anniversary. Four years ago today I married my....
 Fierce Love.
What is fierce love, you ask? Let me tell you about her...

Fierce Love is the most loyal companion I could ask for; quick with a smile, and just as quick to put me in my place. Fierce Love rages when I have been done wrong, desiring justice on my behalf. Fierce Love forgives me over and over again when I am a jackass, which is all too often. She can be tenderly violent and violently tender. Fierce love see's the best in me and believes in me. She patiently listens to my endless plethora of rants and raves relating to worship, child-rearing, poor customer service, grace, religious people,politics, and all my Lotro characters. Fierce love...We are certainly not calm or quiet...but we knew that going into this thing.

And fierce love holds me...she refuses to quit or give up on us, even when it would be a whole hell of a lot easier than fighting with me....again. Yes, we fight...not physically, but almost as violently. Fierce love can curse like a sailor...meekness? Well lets just say we are working on that one. We are trying, asking God for a spirit of meekness, but in the middle of a fight...who wants to be meek...I want to win...to be right...and sometimes she lets me.

Fierce Love scolds me when I beat myself up, when I don't love myself the way that Christ loves me. When I devalue myself, I am calling God a liar, because He says I am fearfully and wonderfully made...Yes, she reminds me of who I am called to be.

Fierce Love laughs with me and cries with me. She thinks the fact that I cry when I'm happy or when I see beauty... is a strength.

Fierce love dances...It is one of my favorite sights these days. I come into the living room, the music is cranked up, and Fierce Love is dancing, often while holding Anna...and Noah is flailing his arms & heaving his body...and laughing hysterically as he dances with his Mommy...with my Fierce Love.

Fierce Love never quits on me, even when it would be easy...even when I give her reasons to quit...maybe I even push her to quit, just to see if she will. After all, so many others have quit on me...or me on them. But not Fierce Love...she never quits...and she won't let me quit either.

Fierce Love holds my hand and walks with me...She celebrates life with me and our children. Fierce Love takes my breath away...

And to think...Her love is nothing...
Compared to....
His Love...
His love is perfect...
and perfectly Fierce.

2 comments:

Gurtrude said...

Happy anniversary!
I can't believe it's been four years! It seems just like it was yesterday ya'll were getting married!

Susan said...

congratulations! Sounds like you have met your match!